but how about an Avengers' Night Court AU?
- Judge Steve Rogers, a pragmatic yet not-entirely conventional judge who cares more about the people than the harshest application of the law. Has a background in (it's rumoured) show business and the military.
- Prosecutor Tony Stark, whose flashy suits are second only to his eccentric personality
- Public Defender James 'Rhodey' Rhodes, whose all-business demeanor doesn't quite hide his kind character. Tony and Rhody went to law school together and are BFFs outside the courtroom.
- Bailiffs Natasha Romanoff and Thor Odinson. Thor has been known to flex his biceps to get defendants to fall in line. Of the two, Natasha is much more efficient.
- Court Clerk Clint Barton, who was once on the USA Olympic team for archery, but now clerks as his 'night job' while also managing a run-down apartment building with a set of wacky tenants (who occasionally drop by). Tries to sneak his dog Lucky into the courtroom, claiming that Lucky is a “hearing-ear” service dog (Steve looks the other way). Lucky occasionally steals pizza from Tony's plate during the evening meal break.
- Veterans' Advocate Sam Wilson, who is an occasional guest star when former military personnel before the courts request his services. Through the course of the first season, Sam and Steve become running partners.
- Cafeteria manager Bruce Banner, who started in the cafeteria years before as community service for various anger-related issues. Stays on because he likes the place. Tony and Bruce are good friends.
- James “Bucky” Barnes, who doesn't seem to have a job but hangs around all night in the Judge's chambers, acting as sounding board for Steve. We find out in season two that Bucky and Steve used to be involved (and that the reason Steve left the military was DADT). Recurring love interest for Steve.
- And lastly, Nick Fury, the retired Night Court judge who drops in now and again to sit in the front row of the court and heckle silently with the raising of his eyebrows. Has a tendency to bring Twizzlers.