mhalachai: (Buzzfeed Unsolved)
[personal profile] mhalachai
For reasons that I'll explain in a month or two, I went to a local used bookstore (Pulpfiction on Main is my saviour) to see if they had copies of the earlier Anita Blake books. Subway construction on Broadway was so bad that it took longer to get there on the bus than it took me to walk home; c'est la vie.

Anyway, my route home took me past my old apartment. I haven't been that way much since I moved out in 2009. The old neighbourhood was pretty much the same - taller trees, although there are a number of rezoning proposal signs up; we'll see what goes through the city planning office and what can actually get built, with the cost of construction sky-high. I wondered if I would feel any nostalgia when I walked past the old place, but there was none. It was a crappy place and I was in a not-so-great mental space when I lived there. Pretty happy I left when I did.

K that's enough navel gazing. I have old books to look at :)

Date: 2025-06-01 10:32 pm (UTC)
snippy: Lego me holding book (Default)
From: [personal profile] snippy
wlaaaaaa you are reading early anita blake books yayayayayaa

Profile

mhalachai: (Default)
mhalachai

April 2026

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 6th, 2026 12:52 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios